Sunday, February 7, 2010

How much do I weigh??

I have been frantically trying to tie up the loose ends here. My great adventure so far is finding out if I can get everything to India without breaking the bank. I loaded up my two suitcases with all the equipment, clothes etc. I went the airport to get the official weight on the bags. I was over 4.5 pounds over on one and at the max (69 lbs) on the second. If I have to take a third bag it will cast me $112 each way. The total cost for both trips would be $448. I bet I can buy a whole lot of bedding in India for that amount. I will have to leave my sleeping bag home (weighs 6 lbs and takes up 1/3rd of the case). There was one tragedy in this weighty adventure. I returned home from the airport (my ams considerable longer) to discover a critical piece of stuff on the floor behind my chair. It weighs more the 2 lbs but is rather small, so it will go into my carryon luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers