Monday, September 13, 2010

101 Saturday Sep 11

Saturday Sep 11 Day 101


Talk about going “native”. A very interesting thing is happening when I play solitaire (which I do to excess). I find myself thinking of the numbers in hindi not english. The only time I use small numbers, 1 to 12, is for setting times for meals with the cook. Now I am using them while playing. Interesting!!


Today’s weather. There is sun this morning coming through broken clouds with low mist. If the mist rises I shall start taping today. Now I am hearing the rumble of thunder some distance off. How far off a “distance” is, is anyones guess. The bad weather systems tend to move through quickly except when they decide to stay overnight.

8:30 am and I have just come back from looking down the hillside where all the trails are. The clouds are nestled close against the side of the hill causing mist. I shall check again after noon. It has been raining off and on all day. It is now 5:30 and we are having continuous moderate to heavy rain with major thunder and the lights going out. The sun will have to go down without a recorded sunset. It will just go dark again tonight with out any color.


One of the problems are drips coming from the soaked trees while I carry my camera from shot to shot. I bought a box of food storage bags at Safeway. During my 4:30 on morning thinking session, I realized that I could use one of these bags to protect my camera from such drips. The only problem was if the bag would fit over the camera. I was still in my jammies while I had a bag out trying the put it over the camera. It fits!!


I have decided to give up on taping only under sunny skies. I would end up spending most of my time waiting for just the correct light. I can adjust the brightness of the shots in post production by electronic manipulation of the images. The only thing that will stop me from shooting is rain and mist. So I shall tape “come clouds or come shine”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers