Sunday, September 19, 2010

106 Thursday Sep 16

Thursday Sep 16 Day 106


The cook knocked on my door almost an hour early. The sun was out with mostly blue skies and had thrown off his concept of time because it was so bright.


I left on my morning safari at 7:45 and got back here at 10:45. The clouds began to roll in shortly after 10:30 and I was able to beat them to the top of the hill. I was taking my last shot while the mist filtered between the trees. I looks like I will have about 3 hours in the morning to tape the trails on the west side of the hill and that is where all the trails are. Such is life.


I was able to get several different shots of trees covered with ferns and some with moss. It is really beautiful when the sun hits the ferns and they just stand out from everything around them. Several shots included trees with many branches in interesting twists and turns.


I have just discovered something about the water heater. I was informed upon my arrival in March that the “gizzer” only needed 30 to 40 minutes to heat up the full tank of water. Today I ended up with a quickie shower because 40 minutes is not enough time to get the whole tank of water hot. So, I shall have to heat the water for several hours in order to get a nice long hot shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers