Saturday, September 4, 2010

94 Saturday Sep 4

Saturday Sep 4 Day 94


Had my first omelet with cheese in it. It was delicious.


The covers of my various paperbacked books are starting to curl. The moisture is getting to them and this will get worse. The best way to fight this problem is to stack them up so only the top one curls or put the in a shelf with a hard backed book at the end of the shelf of books. If you keep them pressed together the covers and interior pages will not curl. I am wondering is the effort is worth the problem.


Today I am off to the bazaar to buy an umbrella. If I get one the rain will most probably stop. If I don’t get one it will rain for the next few weeks. The main problem is protecting my back pack from the rain. It if gets really wet it will never get dry.

The umbrella did not stop the rain but it did protect my back pack from a gully washer.


Well I got to try out the shower today. It worked wonderfully and was much better than a bucket bath. The spray is rather diffused and goes in many directions but it lasted long enough to clean my hair and my entire body before it began to get cool. I shall not avoid taking a bath for the remainder of my time in India.


I chatted again with my landlady. What a pleasure she is to talk to. Her command of the english language is exquisite and can only be called truly gracious. I look forward to learning more of her past and sharing it with the readers of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers