Tuesday, September 28, 2010

116 Sunday Sep 26

Sunday Sep 26 Day 116


Weather report: Sunny early in the morning with low clouds during the afternoon.


I went out for 3 1/2 hours this afternoon taping several trails. The ferns are rapidly turning to yellow with a few green ones visible. I spent 3 hours this morning logging past days taping. The climb up the hill was 40 minutes and I arrived soaked to the skin. It is now 6:30 pm and I am very cold but slowly warming up. It has taken only 2 hours today.


This evening I went out to see where the sun set exactly (I know in the West, usually) but I need to position my cameras. I am trying to find a location that is nearer to Kilmarnock. The last 2 days the sun has been hidden my massive clouds and I cannot get the exact location. I shall try again tomorrow evening.


This evening I completely lost it. I cannot communicate to the lady who cooks for me that I am not getting enough to eat for dinner. I have a bowl of oatmeal. The amount of oatmeal is not consistent and it gets thinner and thinner. I have tried to point out to her the measure of oatmeal that should be used. I guess I need to talk to the landlady and the cook together.


Tomorrow is the second anniversary of Colleen’s death. I am having trouble keeping myself on an emotional even keel. I find my eyes getting misty and tears welling up because I miss her so much. My isolation and the frustration of not being able to do taping is getting to me. The last 3 days I have nearly worked myself to total exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers