Sunday, September 19, 2010

108 Saturday Sep 18

Saturday Sep 18 Day 108


Weather report: Rain off and on.


This morning’s ”think” session which started (with breaks of sleep) at 4 am was very productive. I came up with possible solutions for 3 problems.


Condensation inside my video cameras is number one. Condensation occurs when the camera is used in a space that is warmer than the previous space. The taxi was a few degrees warmer than the outside air from the heat of the engine. The change was not noticeable to me. With humidity at around 200% (actually only 100% but it feels like more) this small increase in temperature was enough to cause condensation. I got my cameras out this morning and they are fine. The next step in this process is, what will I do trying to video tape the interiors of the buildings when it is colder outside. My users manual says to place my camera in an airtight plastic bag and allow the camera to warm up to room temperature. With the lack of moist air in the bag no condensation will occur while the camera warms up.


Blood sugar levels in the morning is number two. My blood sugars have been high the last several days. I realized that I am eating my largest meal of the day in the evening. During the course of the afternoon I frequently have low blood sugars. If I were to switch my lunch and suppers menus my largest meal will be lunch and it will provide me with energy for the entire afternoon. By having my bowl of oatmeal in the evening I should reduce the high blood levels at occur in the morning.


Taping the chukker number three. With my aborted experience of yesterday afternoon I can tape both of the roads around the top of the hill (chukker) in less than an hour and not have to kill myself carrying my Glidecam equipment. It will cost me about 5 dollars to use a taxi. In this case, I have more money than I have energy. Brilliant!!


It is 7 pm and I have just returned from taping my FIRST sunset. It rained most of the day until I looked the window at 5 pm and there were fluffy clouds and large patches of blue. I packed up and was on my way by 5:15. It took 25 minutes to walk to the location, 10 minutes to set up the 2 cameras, and then wait around. It did not take long. I started the tape at 6:11 pm and was done at 6:22 pm. I was back home by 6:55 pm. This was OK for my first sunset but I hope for many more with better color. There was a cloud bank covering the setting sun but the spray of light on the high clouds was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers