Friday, September 24, 2010

110 Monday Sep 20

Monday Sep 20 Day 110


Yesterday was the longest continuous rainfall of my entire time in India. I heard rain at 5 in the morning and it was still spitting rain at 10 pm. It was also one of the longest days I have existed through. I did not step out of my apartment for the entire day.


Weather report: High clouds across the entire sky at 7:30 am.


Left for shooting at 7:45 and returned home by 10:15. The low clouds that hug the side of the hillside were starting to move in. I was able to get tapes of several short trail segments. I was concerned about drips from the overhead trees. My camera did not get hit in the lens, this is what I am most concerned about is water on the lens. I was also a delectable target for the mosquitos. I ended up with several bites but that is the price of art.


I have just made arrangements for Beena to wash my clothes. The cost is 22 cents per garment. When the sun comes out she dries the clothes by spreading them on the roof. It gets them dry in rather short time.


I tried for another sunset last night. I was all set up and a major thunder storm was posted right in the west. There would be no sun to see and the only thing I would get would be the light on the clouds off to the sides. I put my stuff away and came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers