Thursday, September 16, 2010

105 Wednesday Sep 15

Wednesday Sep 15 Day 105


I have been here 2 weeks and this morning I did my first taping. There was high clouds and by 8 am I was packed up and heading down the hill. I discovered that my Nikon camera used to document the trail and it segments was rusted shut. The lens cover will not move. So this is the first casualty of the moisture other than my shooting up kit which is green and fuzzy. I had to throw the leather case used to hold my inulin vials and needles away this morning.


It took me 5 minutes to figure out an alternative to the Nikon camera. I just write on a pad of paper the identifying numbers and letters and hold it in front of the camera to identify the next shot. Fortunately I have a black marker so I can easily read the data.


The weather cooperated for a full hour and a half. The mist began to move in just as I was ready to start taping a new trail. I put everything away in their cases and the tripod into my backpack and headed up the hill. 15 minutes later as I neared the top of the hill it began to rain lightly. If the weather permits I shall try to complete this morning’s trails this afternoon. I shall also keep a lookout for possible sunset weather.


As I am writing this I have wrapped myself in my thermal blanket to try and dry out. I have succeeded after several hours.


I have just logged my shots. They are great. The trails are so green and I find myself expending the end of the shots to include some of the greenery. During the dry season (Mar - May) the only green was the trees. Now there are ferns, flowers, and moss. There is a lot of moss on facing part of the stairs (not the place you step but the riser). There is also moss and small plants on the “safety” walls and the retaining walls. It is so lush and green.


1 comment:

  1. HI Leon,

    You have certainly taken on a watery self assignment! I wonder if you are doing penance for something or is this cathartic for an oppression! Anyway it is difficult to believe you are having a good time other than it must be kind of sweet revisiting a country that represents so much of your family life.
    My life is in a transition of some kind and I have just started a job part time but it is reining havoc on my regular schedule and flow of life. It is interesting to me right now, as I am sure your trip through this fantasy of rain and an entirely different culture and way of sustaining life is to you right now.
    Be well and safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers