Saturday, September 4, 2010

93 Friday Sep 3

Friday Sep 3 Day 93


After 2 days of meals I am actually enjoying the food. It tastes great and I am having NO gastronomical difficulties (knock on wood). It is still very early in the process of living here again so I should not boast too soon.


My double mattress is very comfortable. The bed is very firm but it is not hard. The foam filled mattresses do make a substantial difference.


On my way from Delhi to Dehradun I sat beside an officer in the Indian Army. His current assignment is making maps using Google Earth images. I have purchased a GPS unit and showed me how to actually make a map using this unit which will show the trails and their lengths and altitude changes. I will record the exact movement with the GPS unit while I walk the trails. When superimposed on Google Earth Images it will show the recorded trail to scale on the satellite map. So this is the next thing I have to learn about. Yesterday my brain was not working but it looks like there is progress in the cognitive areas (but the day is still young).


I went for my first walk in the rain this morning. My rain gear works very well. I was dry when I returned home. My planning seems to be working. I purchased some cheese which is made by the local shop on the top of the hillside. I will have it in my omelet to give me more energy for the morning.


Just before lunch, the lady that owns the place I live came to visit me. She wanted to make sure I was doing well. Evidently I had been a topic of conversation between her and her niece. The niece was concerned about my health and in particular about my diabetes. I told the lady that I was fine and had none of the problems I had last time upon my arrival. We chatted for a while, she borrowed one of the 3 books I brought with me and I subsequently had to almost ask her to leave so I could eat my lunch. As a insulin dependent diabetic I must keep a rigid schedule of meals. Her husband is also diabetic and she understood.


The most interesting she told me was that since her arrival at Kilmarnock in mid June there have been only 2 days when the sun shown at all. She has been coming here for 40 or 50 years and this was the worst monsoon she can remember. There has been about a 25% increase in rain but usually the sun will come out periodically but not this year.


I must stop because the electricity is off so I am running off the battery. My earlier statements about moisture and the connection to power is debatable. Now my power unit will not connect and then it will suddenly decide to hookup. The electricity is an the whole time. I checked at 3 am and the unit was connected. Go figure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers