Wednesday, November 3, 2010

153 Wednesday Nov 3

Wednesday Nov 3 Day 153


Last evening I discovered that I took all the shots of the interior of the High School with the camera set on the “sunset” mode. This is what happens when you work while you are ill. You miss the details. All is not lost. In postproduction (what you do the make the DVD sparkle) there is a process called color correction. It is a very time consuming operation and that last thing done before releasing the the DVD so it is quite a ways down the calendar (like 2 years). I looked up what the process is and discovered that if I get the white of the walls recorded under the correct light and with the proper settings I will be able to correct the color. This Friday I shall go down with my special light and tape the white walls for 10 seconds. Needless to say there are white walls in almost every shot. I will have to do the blue mats of the gym since there are blue mats in every shot and use that to correct the color. The students are not at school this coming Friday so I shall get what I need. So a big problem solved thanks to my early morning thinking time. This morning it started at 4 am after I staggered out to visit the little boys room. I was so disoriented that I almost tinkled in the bucket used for the “bucket bath”. Fortunately it is blue and not white so I went searching for the commode and finally found it in the wrong corner of the room (I wonder who moves that thing during the middle of the night).


Later this morning I met with Pete Wildman (what an interesting name) and he sent emails to each of the residence supervisors listing a date and time when I would show up to record interiors of the various residences. I had phone each of them last night and did not reach any of them. I will be going each morning at 9 am to a different residence and see what happens. I shall of course carefully check my settings before starting (most probably 12 times).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers