Sunday, November 21, 2010

168 Friday Nov 19

Friday Nov 19 Day 168


During the night a bowling alley was moved into the apartment above me. There was so much rumbling and crashing there must have been a major tournament in progress. The audience was also setting off fireworks because I could see the pure white flashes of the bombs. Then the audience began to applaud and it grew to a sustained standing ovation. The proceeding was an analogy of the thunder, lightning and heavy rain this past night.


My poor travel alarm is dead. I put in fresh batteries but no luck. I tried to check the time in the middle of the night. The storm had knocked out the electricity and I couldn’t find my flashlights. I went out into the other room to get my little battery powered reading light. This is the light that I broke a couple of months ago trying to kill a bug that landed on it. It appears to be working fine now because it stayed on for several minutes. I used it to find my flashlight and put it beside my bed. I even lit the candle beside the bed for a while. I woke later and wanted to know the time so I searched beside my bed for my watch. It turned out to be 5:30 am. Boy, do I miss the blue light of my travel alarm.


This morning I spent 2 hours getting 45 seconds of tape. I needed color correction chips for the residence I taped last Friday. It involved a 3 mile walk and 15 minutes doing the actual taping. Because of the heavy rain I had to use the paved roads rather than the narrow trails and I had to go twice as far to accomplish the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers