Monday, November 8, 2010

154 Thursday Nov 4

Thursday Nov 4 Day 154


I am using the Glidecam to get the feeling of walking through the various passageways. I have balanced the camera equipment in preparation. I must be getting better becasue it only took a short while.


Tomorrow is Dewali or the Festival of Lights here in India. This is the equivalent of Christmas in the US with gift giving and feasting. The bazaar is all decorated up and very colorful. All the people are out with the ladies wearing their best and most colorful saris with lost of flash and bling. The children are dressed up in their new clothes and so proud of themselves. I must be getting old because it is the children that I most enjoy. There are so cute and their parents so pleased. The joy on the face of child is a fabulous gift to all.


I walked all the way down to the Picture Palace (over 2 miles) to get some lighter fluid for my Zippo hand warmer. What I ended up getting (if it isn’t counterfeit) is manufactured in the US and made by Zippo. I shall try it out tonight and see what happens. I was able to walk all the way to the top without much effort so I am in shape for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers