Wednesday, November 3, 2010

151 Sunday Oct 31

Sunday Oct 31 Day 151


I have just discovered a tragedy. Three days ago the Snows were out in in crystal blue sky and the sun shinning magnificently. I went out and taped them for posterity. Unfortunately, the problem of me not checking the “record light” was in full effect. I had turned off the camera as I started to record (perhaps I was distracted by taking a family picture for a passing tourist). So I did not get any good shots of the mountains. I subsequently turned the camera on just before putting it away. I got 23 minutes of black (the colors were spectacular) for my effort. At the next location I sighted in the shots I wanted to take (not realizing I was recording them) and turned the camera off to take the shots. Many times I take a backup shot and so I do have a good shot of the full range of the Snows but not all the various shots I wanted. The viewers of the DVD will never know what is missing.


I appear to be on the mend. Breakfast tasted good and my mind is working. I have been logging but the power is fluctuating so much I am having to work off battery power. I will have to abandon the logging until I get power back.


I have just returned from the internet cafe and I notice that I am weaker than I had hoped for. It was a long hard mile and a half and I ended up breathing rather hard on the up slopes which are very gentle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers