Monday, November 8, 2010

157 Sunday Nov 7

Sunday Nov 7 Day 157


I went over to Lal Tiba and taped shots of the beautiful pusta (retaining wall) recently built there. It is a very attractive wall with bands of different sized stones used to create a functional and decorative wall. The interesting thing is that there are holes in the wall to allow trees to come through the wall. There are different styled arches for the various trees. In this area NO trees are allowed to be cut down and damaged in any way. The India military owns all the trees on this hillside and there are very large fines for harming a tree. So. you must allow for the trees to continue to grow through the retaining wall.


The same thing is true when a road is improved from a track to a road where cars and go. This happened down near the Woodstock sports field, Hanson field. When a road was put in to allow vehicles to go onto the field. The road was paved with cement but the grown trees were left and now grow out of the paved road. It is quite a sight.


No sunset this evening thanks to the low clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers