Sunday, October 31, 2010

150 Saturday Oct 30

Saturday Oct 30 Day 150


This is a major rest day because when I got up this morning I was unable to walk a straight line and I felt disorientated. Today is a cloudy day bordering on being cold. Just the day to bundle up and read a book or play solitaire which is what I am doing. For most of the last week I have had gastronomical problems. Today for the first time I could not stand the smell of cooking food. I have had a reduced appetite but now the thought of eating is uninviting. Today is bath and shaving day. After ones takes a shower the floor has to be cleared of standing water. I usually do this after putting on my shoes, socks and pants so I can go in and shave without freezing my feet in the standing cold water. As I was putting on my shirt I undid my belt to tuck the shirt in and the pants promptly dropped to the floor. Not eating very much lately has reduced my weight noticeably. My waist is at least 2 to 3 inches smaller than in the States, so my belt is now much too long. I force myself to eat something so I will not get too weak to climb around the hillside.


There was no sunset yesterday and it looks doubtful for this evening. This does not mean the sun will not go down, I shall not be able to record the decent which is obscured by the clouds. I am going in (at 3 pm) to put on my pajamas on under my clothes so I will be warm to read and play on the computer. I have completed the chore and it is wonderful. I leave my underwear on under my pajamas for the extra layer of clothing. When I put my pajamas on I have to take off my shirt (long sleeved) and pants. I put on the long sleeved T-shirt and long johns (these are damp and cold) climb back into my shirt, pants and sweater. Then the final and most important part is tucking the ends of my long johns into the tops of my socks. This keeps my ankles warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers