Monday, October 18, 2010

136 Saturday Oct 15

Saturday Oct 15 Day 136


I am just exhausted. I spent almost 3 hours on the road taping. I have a real problem with motion sickness. The road up from the plains makes me good and car sick. In order to avoid the nausea I have to take dramamine. The side effects are that my mind does not work well and I couldn’t pass a sobriety test because I cannot walk a straight line. Through years of experience the secret to successful traveling along winding mountain roads is to take a pill 5 hours before the trip starts and then one as you leave the house. I have the chewable kind which taste absolutely ghastly so I had to have a piece of chocolate with the tablet (boy, how I suffer for my art). It took an hour and a quarter to get to the beginning of the road I wanted to tape. I think the taping went well but I shall log and review the tape tomorrow when I am back in my right mind (which isn’t saying much). It really feels good to finally get something to use. For old Woodstock people I tape the series of hairpin corners, through the bazaar, up Mullingar hill and to the Woodstock School gates. Enough of brain dead ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers