Friday, October 22, 2010

142 Friday Oct 22

Friday Oct 22 Day 142


One of my classmates had a much younger brother who was a lost soul. During his many trips to India to find himself he happened to fall over the side of the mountain and broke his neck. He died some 6 weeks later in a Delhi hospital. Helen asked us to accompany her to this site and the driver of our vehicle was the one who carried the brother up to the road and transported him to the local hospital. It was quite emotional for Helen and I felt privileged to add my support. We just sat around talking for the next couple of hours and were transported up the hill to the newest restaurant on the hillside. The meal was fabulous and we spent the afternoon talking about the types of contributions the class of 1960 could make to Woodstock.


I am so tired that I walked home and will have my normal supper of oatmeal and bread. The last 2 nights there have been unbelievably beautiful sunsets and I could not get to my sunset location. I will do so tonight and hope. We ended up the night with a major thunder and lightning storm plus a very heavy rainfall. Within an hour the moon was back shinning beautifully. I think the building I am living in was struck by lightning. There was a bright flask just as lightning struck follow immediately by an very powerful clap of thunder. Needless to say the lights have been out but are back on along with the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers