Sunday, October 31, 2010

147 Wednesday Oct 27

Wednesday Oct 27 Day 147


I must have had one of my periodic “spells” and it lasted 24 hours as all the rest of them. I feel fine today and by tomorrow I shall have the strength and energy to continue with my taping at the school.


I spent the morning in bed and went to the internet cafe this afternoon. While there I helped 3 young ladies from the language school book a taxi for Friday afternoon to go to Delhi for a long weekend. One cannot decide on the spur of the moment to go anywhere in India. The main means of transport is the train but you need to book weeks in advance. They could get a seat on a train but it would take 12 hours and it was not an overnight trip but a very long day trip. The most comfortable way is by taxi and I happen to know someone who could arrange the trip. I have done my good deed for the day and it makes me feel great.


The weather has been beautiful lately with sun almost all day long. The only problem is there are no beautiful sunsets as you need clouds to reflect the setting sun to get interesting colors. I have 4 more full weeks to get some good ones.


It is getting cooler at night and my room is a steady 54 degrees day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers