Monday, October 18, 2010

135 Friday Oct 15

Friday Oct 15 Day 135


After venting my spleen the other day I need to retract some of my statements. This morning I went down the Woodstock and got the contact information for the various Residence Supervisors and met with the 2 people who will allow me into the School buildings week after next. Tomorrow I shall be going down the road to tape it for posterity. It turned out that the brothers were extremely busy this week with emergency projects. I wonder why they did not call and let me know so I wouldn’t jump to unnecessary negative conclusions.


This afternoon the air was clean enough for me the tape the Woodstock hillside from across the ravine with correct lighting. I will be logging it and hoping to see great pictures. It cost me 100 rupees ($2.20) for the use of the empty roof at the back of Mullingar. The man was a little concerned that I might fall over the edge. The bottom was perhaps 500 feet down so he had a point.


The mini 50th reunion of the class of 1960 is occurring next week. It looks like there are going to be 5 or 6 members of class here plus some wives and grandchildren. It will be nice to spend some time with them getting reacquanted and meeting other members of their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers