Friday, October 15, 2010

134 Thursday Oct 14

Thursday Oct 14 Day 134


Today is the mid point of this trip to India. I another 44 days I shall be heading home.


Most of you know that I am not a large person and rather slender particularly in the width and padding of my butt. I have spent most of the day sitting on that skinny butt with only three layers of fleece protecting it. Today was Sports Day for Woodstock School. I was forced to sit on cement for 7 1/2 hours. My hips are sore and my butt is about dead. What a wonderful day. I had competed on this same field in Track and Field events 51 years ago. The excitement of the elementary and high school students for a full day of competitive sports was wonderful. All the pride I felt for my fellow class mates was in clear evidence today. It took me back over half a century. It was very rewarding to see the exchange between faculty and staff members with the students. The professional staff (including the residence supervisors) have a deep affection for the students and support them in almost everything they do. This affection is reflected by the students to these people. A truly inspiring interplay. This is the one day of the year where the students and staff play and do it for fun. This was the Woodstock I remembered. Well, I must go get an aspirin for my hips and butt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers