Sunday, October 31, 2010

148 Thursday Oct 28

Thursday Oct 28 Day 148


Well I lied to you yesterday (but it was fun). Evidently my “spell” is a little more serious. I woke up this morning nauseous and slightly dizzy. For the first time my breakfast tasted light recycled cardboard. I could not finish my omelet and I left one of my pieces of toast. The term “toast” is interesting. Since our latest electricity outage (it lasted almost 2 days) the voltage in the morning is so low that coils in the toaster barely glow red. Needless to say the toast ends up as white bread that has been waved over a fire. Usually my toast is burned on the edges and is as hard as a brick. Now it is pale white and limp but you can tell it had been in the toaster.


The weather is turning colder. When I go to bed and put on my pajamas (a pair of long johns and a long sleeved T-shirt) they are damp and cold. This evening I shall put my long johns and t-shirt after supper and put my clothes over them. This way they (pajamas) will be warm and dried out. I shall let you know tomorrow if my experiment is successful. The extra layer will keep me warmer durning my computer time in the evenings (when I play solitaire, I’m addicted).


The snows are out in all their glory. I have been here a total of 5 months and this is the best they have looked. I walked down to Childers and got some great shots. This is the single clearest day we have had. This evening I tape the sunset against the Snows. They were still clear and NO clouds. The first day for that to happen.


I taped the classrooms and all the facilities of the Gym this afternoon. I have discovered why the Glidecam is not stable when climbing the covered passage. The torso of my body is too short for the Glidecam vest. When stepping up the ramp my legs hit the bottom of the vest and cause the camera to swing. When I go down the ramp the Glidecam is steady. SO! I shall have to use the downhill shots of the covered passage.


My stomach is upset and when I am not burping the last meal I am farting out the last meal. I must very entertaining to those who follow me. Subsequently I have not felt like eating my usual sized meals. I still had the energy for this afternoon’s shooting but it took me 40 minutes to get up the hill again. Supper is coming up within the next hour and I am NOT thrilled at the prospect.


Earlier I was logging the school tape I took the last several days. It took me a full hour to log 11 minutes of tape. At this rate it will take me 5 plus hours for each full tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers