Friday, October 15, 2010

132 Tuesday Oct 12

Tuesday Oct 12 Day 132


Today was a very difficult day for me. I was to meet with my friend Pol and tape part of the road between Mussoorie and Dehradun. About half way down the hill are a series of hairpin curves. These are the most memorable part of this road. Pol did not arrive on time (he usually does, which is surprising for an Indian) but no such luck today. Something must have happened with the car or their business. I shall call this evening and see what is going on. Perhaps tomorrow will work. Living in India one can never depend on things happening on schedule and I must be flexible.


The electricity has been off for the last 2 days. It usually shouts off at 9 am and has come back on around 5 each day. This means I cannot play my computer games to make the day go by faster. I run out of battery power on my laptops within in a couple of hours and the rest of the day its either read a book or listen to one on my ipod. The problem is that is get dark in my rooms in the afternoon because of tree cover and the sun moving behind the hilltop. I was sitting outside reading when I go rather cold. I checked the temperature inside my rooms and the temperature has dropped a couple of degrees in the last couple of days. It is now 57 degrees in my bedroom in the middle of the day. 60 degrees was comfortable but this evening I need a heavier coat. The cold weather is coming. At 4 pm I walked to the top of the hill and as I came over the crest of the hill the temperature went up 5 or 6 degrees. That is a noticeable change of temperature. I live on the “cold” side of the hill and this is the first time I have felt the difference. Perhaps the colder temperatures of the fall months is settling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers