Friday, October 8, 2010

127 Thursday Oct 7

Thursday Oct 7 Day 127


I found out yesterday why Woodstock had been silent on Monday. It is the quarter break when the whole school shuts down and the campus is basically closed to outsiders. Part of this event is the parent-teacher conferences which occurred yesterday morning.


Last evening i got my first unimpeded view of a Winterline sunset. Up till There have been local clouds actually blocking the horizon. Last night all these clouds were below the horizon of the Winterline. There is not much color except for orangish red but it is magnificent. The only problem is I forgot to get the Winterline level across the screen. I will watch for that tonight. The entire sunset takes 10 minutes including the afterglow. It is difficult to remember that Landour is on the same latitude as Jacksonville, Florida so the sunset is a rather rapid affair. In the evening I need to wear my gloves because I am just standing around and it becomes cool quickly. Fortunately the gloves are my thin, thermal gloves so I can work the tiny buttons on the camera with no problems.


This morning I was feeling really good so I headed out to Flag Hill to check out the shots I want to take later in the year. Judy, I found the lilies. Flag Hill was covered with them earlier during the monsoon. I recognized the plants from the lilies I had in my back yard in Seattle. So the lilies are still around but not on the Landour hillside.


A week ago I took my last pictures of the trails. All the green moss on the retaining walls has turned a dark green almost black. There are no more ferns on the trees but the ones of the ground are still doing well. It is amazing how one dry week effects the greenness of the hillside.


I am signing off for the day. I have had an active and thoughtful day and for the first time I am not exhausted as I type this. Perhaps I have been ill and I am coming out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers