Tuesday, October 5, 2010

124 Monday October 4

Monday October 4 Day 124


I suddenly remembered that I have to get my train reservation for November 27. So this morning I took my credit card, ATM card and prescription with me. Evidently Woodstock School was not in operation today. Everything was locked up so I was not able to get my train reservation. Walked over to Mullingar (about a kilometer) and headed down the hill to pray to the money god at the bank (successfully) and go on further down the hill to get my Insulin (also successfully).I then climbed all the way back up the hill (about 2 miles). This afternoon I cannot get my hands to warm up at all. Perhaps I am not in good enough physical shape to do all this climbing. It has taken me most of the afternoon to recover from the morning exercise.


One of the great tragedies has occurred. I have run out of sugar free jam. Last night I had to eat my three chapatis without any jam only butter. They are pretty dry and lacking in flavor with no jam. I keep hoping that the little store will get in their supply. I have mentioned it several days in a row but so far no luck. Last time I mentioned it, the jam was there the next day.


Tomorrow afternoon I meet with the young men whose van I want to use to tape the roads from a moving vehicle.


Early evening there was some rumblings of thunder in the distance followed by a small hail storm. It was interesting to see the leaves being knocked off the trees. There was not much rain so I will see how much clearer the sky is in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers