Sunday, October 31, 2010

149 Friday Oct 29

Friday Oct 29 Day 149


Last night my hands were very cold even with my gloves. I happen to put them to my face and the hands warmed up quickly. I realized I had a fever. I took a couple of Aleve tablets and bundled myself up for bed. During the course of the evening I suffered greatly from farts, stomach rumblings and burping. At 2:30 am I woke up suffering from heat stroke. The fever had broken and taking off my socks was just what I needed. I was unable to get back to sleep but my stomach rumblings, which had been going on for weeks, stopped. It is now mid afternoon and there are no stomach rumblings, burps or excessive farts in evidence. My appetite is still very poor but I have 3 days before the next project starts, the taping of the residences. Hopefully I get back up to speed by then.


I found that I was quite weak this morning but I went down to the school and taped the last of the classrooms. I said goodbye to that last of my classmates, Alan Robinson, walked to Mullingar, 3/4 of a mile, and took a taxi to the top of the hill. I have been in bed the rest of the day mostly reading.


There is a retired couple who come to Woodstock to work in the alumni office a couple of times a year. They have been here off and one for the past several years. The husband said that the snows were the clearest he has ever seen. I guess I am lucky to be here right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers