Friday, October 15, 2010

133 Wednesday Oct 13

Wednesday Oct 13 Day 133


I am into the part of my project that I foresaw as a potential problem. I have done all of the work by myself in the taping f the trails. But now I am in the part where I need the help of others to keep the project moving forward. I have spent the last three days waiting for the phone to ring. I need the help of the Director of Facilities to gain access to the buildings and make arrangements with the Resident Managers of each of the 6 residential facilities. I went down to the school and had a face to face meeting and he said he would contact that day with names and numbers. On Wednesday morning I called him and he said he would call me right after lunch with the information. At 4 pm no call as yet. I know he is busy and I am NOT a priority on his list but if he wants glidecam pictures of the renovated facilities he needs to let me get started.


The other problem is working with Indians on the hillside. They promise the world and then fail to deliver. Pal (pronounced Paul) has agreed to help me tape the road between the plains and the hillside. He was supposed to meet me yesterday at 2:30 but did not show and he did not even call to let me know what is going on. Perhaps there is a problem with the new windshield for the car. A typical Indian response to a problem is to not tell the customer anything. I called last night and his phone was off. He will get a missed call indication but has not phoned me yet today.


Sitting around waiting is not something I do easily. However, I will NOT call and nag people to help me. I refuse to do that!!! I will cancel that part of the project (taping the interiors of the Woodstock buildings) or hire someone else (taping the roads) to get the project accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers