Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 12 Sun Mar 14

Sunday March 14 Day 12


I finally got my water heater to work and I took one of the famous bucket baths this morning. It was a balmy 52 degrees and I wasn’t very cold. Either 2 degrees makes a difference of I am getting used to standing naked at 52 degrees. Following the bath i started the process of washing out my underwear. This involves waiting for the water heater to make more hot water, 20 minutes, putting tide detergent, 10 cents worth, into the now bucket of warm water and letting it soak for 45 minutes. The water heater continues to make hot water for rinsing the clothes. I discovered that you can lose a sox when washing them by hand. I later found the sox wrapped up in my spare long johns. Perhaps this is a comment on the origination of my closet. Drying the clothes is a 2 day process. The first day you can get them fairly dry. If you leave them out over night they will get all wet again. You take them down in the late afternoon and rehang them the next morning.


I walked down the hill to Claremont and took the upper road to Tafton. A lot of this path has been improved and paved loosing much of its character. I went down from the school to just above the Hostel, which opens this coming Friday. I then climbed up the Zig Zag back to Sisters bazar. This was close to 2 hours of effort. I have evidently overdone it again because my legs are very sore and tired. Locations will mean something only to my siblings.


I have been sleeping very well. I have 2 mattresses, one on top of the other, and I am not the least bit sore when I get up in the morning. But it is not like sleeping on a cloud.


I am currently doing video and stills on a rhododendron tree in the back yard. I will tape it and take stills every other day to record it process of blooming and then decline. In my walking up and down (its usually down and then up) the hill, I am practicing walking weird trying to get a smooth action for use with the glidecam. I have only strapped on the equipment a couple of times. I am presently learning how to get pictures into my emails and blog, so someday soon you may see what I am talking about.


I have just retrieved my sanity. My mustache has a single hair that hangs over my lip at the corner of my mouth. When I have my beard clippers, I am constantly trimming it so that I will stop playing with it with my tongue. I have no way to trim my mustache at all. The light above the mirror in the bathroom seems to be a 3 watt bulb, at least that is how much light it puts out. I finally used my LED flashlight and my nail clippers to attack the errant hair. Now my tongue is sad because it has nothing to play with, but that’s its problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers