Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 3

Friday, March 5th Day 3


I had a major insulin problem at 4:40 am. I have discovered that i need to have some protein before going to bed. I was able to get enough sugar in me to stop the sweats and get back to sleep. Wow, did I have some wild dreams.

I got up and looked outside to see the Snows, which range from 20,000 to 23,000 feet, were very clear. It had rained during the night and cleaned out the sky. By mid afternoon the clouds will obscure the Snows again. It is unusual for the Snows to be visible during this time of the year. I packed my 2 video cameras and went hunting for a location to tape the sunrises. I went along the cukkar for over a mile and found a good location at the end at a place call Lal Tibba (red hill). I returned home only to find a better spot 500 yards from my guesthouse. The cukkar was originally a bridal path around 2 of the peaks which make up the Landour area. This path was widened by Dutch prisoners of war from the Boer War in South Africa in 1904.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers