Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday March 26 Day 24

Friday March 26 Day 24


My day consisted to going down to the ATM machine only to discover that the bank had not completed yesterday’s posting and closed the day. The ATM would not allow me to take out additional money until later in the day. I shall be going back down there in the morning. I need to get extra money in case there are problems with my new ATM card.


I have transcribed a letter given to me by the young Italian language student. He is leaving today. He is a very special young man and I am using my blog was a record of my trip, I need to make certain that his letter is in my digital records so I thought I would share with all of you. He is writing in english, something rather new for him, and I have not edited the letter at all. It is very interesting to see what others think of me and are willing to do it in writing. So here it is!


Thursday, 25 March 2010


Dear Leon,


How are you doing? I’m writing to you now that the time for to go for me has come ... yep! I’m leaving this awesome paradise, I’m leaving such a great and caring people.... And I am leaving you too! Well, I’m writing to you basically because I want you to smile at these words every time you read them and I want you to keep remembering those beautiful evenings spent together talking about almost everything. Those nights have meant so much to me. It’s been so interesting to talk with such a person, wise and respectful, incredibly funny and really great: so pleasant for me hearing about your life, your experiences, all the many thing you know, your anecdotes... I’ve been so honored to share with you a part of my life, my ideas, thoughts..... through our words and photos... you know, it’s been like halving you enter my life, my heart.


I won’t forget your laughters neither will I forget your care towards me... you have kinda been like a “granddad” to me... maybe and uncle! You’re not that old, honestly! And indeed your age simply does not fir with your spirit! Well, you know about your age and you get along with it quite well, I would say! And this is a good thing! You’re a vial man, strong and so righteous, coherent with your thought, still completely respectful and open to the dialogue. I was honored to hear about your wife... she must have been so great! You have been lucky indeed to find such a person, and she was too! When you talked about her, the first time, I was really moved... (my eyes were full of tears...) It meant very much! You shared with us such a precious pearl of your life.... and it is so rare too meet a person who finds the strength to go one and “digest” such difficulties... you’re a great man, Leon! Indeed!


And what about Sat Atima? (So you won’t forget her name anymore!,) (Note: Sat Atima was a Dutch lady Sikh who is a trainer of Yoga teachers) Wasn’t she a great Lady?! When she used to say “hey, man!”. And what about her look and life style?! I would say: amazing!


Well... I really wish you all the best, ear friend! Really! And THANK YOU! You’ve been so important to me! You helped me also to understand better myself, to accept the diversity and to appreciate it! So useful to me comparing my thoughts and beliefs with Sat Atima and you. I’ve been so glad to talk to you about my girlfriend, Siudhu! And I was so happy to see your interest! I’d like to make her meet you... we’ll so how our path will cross agin! (if they ever will). This time it’s been simply great, next time it will be incredibly awesome!


It is obvious that whenever you may come to Italy, just tell me that we arrange to meet! Ann you will be my guest of honor!


Thank you Leon, my Best-Old-Goat-Friend! Take Care! See you!


Jacopo

PS: don’t forget to tell me about your video! I’d really like to watch it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers