Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mar 11,12 Day 9,10

Thursday, Friday March 11, 12 Days 9, 10


The last 2 days i have been trying to solve my problem with my stomach. I find that I have terrific indigestion when eating foods that have red pepper in them. It has gotten serious enough for me to think of abandoning this project. My major concern was eating the spicy foods on a constant basis and it has come true. Breakfast is fine because there are no curried foods. I have come with a possible solution for lunch. Oatmeal!! It is readily available and the local hilltop store has homogenized milk. Saturday noon I will try to see how it works. One of my greatest problems will be getting the cook to add SALT to the water. Nothing is more tasteless than unsalted oatmeal. I will let you know next time how it comes out. One of my biggest problem on a vegetarian diet is protein. This morning during thought time (5 - 7 am) I suddenly thought of Protein Powder. I have been thinking of having rice with tomato soup for dinner but that lacks protein. Protein powder is readily available in India and so Sat morning I am going down to the pharmacy in the Picture Palace area (2 miles down) and look into Protein Powder and look at how the Insulin “Pens” work.


I have been taking short walks each day with Friday a total of 4, 1 long (to Lal Tibba) and 3 short ones. I had to eat 2 of my bananas before dinner to keep going. I been unable to get any emails because of server problems. The days are so long that each seems to last 3 or 4. I feel like I have been out of communication for a week but it has been only 3 days. With the stomach problems and the perpetual cold inside the house, time crawls (along with being sick). The only time I can sit n comfort is at 8pm for maybe 2 hours. There is a fire for the living room and last night I nearly burned my legs.


I took my first Video of my expedition Thursday. There is a rhododendron tree in the back yard and I took some beautiful footage. I discovered that I was using the wrong video tape and had to redo it the next morning.


1 comment:

  1. Leon, so sorry about your trouble with your stomach, the temperatures, and your diet! Despite being somewhat discombobulated, I have no doubt that you will soon recover, figure out what you need to do in terms of your food intake, and figure out the heat issue.
    Soon, you'll be scaling the hills and mountains without any issues, entertaining the locals with your antics along the way....
    Hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers