Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 13 Monday Mar 15

Monday March 15 Day 13


This morning I tape the rhododendron tree in the back yard and rehung my underwear to continue drying. I was off for my morning climb on the hillside. My objective was to find the Community Center. After several wrong directions climbing back up the hill to go a different direction I got there. I didn’t realize that it was directly of the hill from Woodstock. I continued on down and contacted the head of the music department. I now have the complete music department schedule and permissions from both directors to watch rehearsals of the chorus and orchestra. I went up and saw the new Gym and it is wonderful. I met the head of the PE department and got a full tour of the facility. I then climbed back up the hill, collected my now dry laundry and sat in the sun reading. The sitting in the sun is to dry the sweat from my body so I no not freeze in the house typing on my blog.


There is a heat wave in the offing. My room was 55 degrees this morning and actually comfortable with only 1 sweater on. I may have finally figured a way to keep from being so cold in the afternoons and evening. I sweat heavily during my climbing around the mountains. My T shirt and shirt stay wet most of the evening. So I am trying a different method. At the end of my day’s sweaty occupations, change into a dry T shirt and shirt for the evening. I will let you know if this works. It does!!!(Tuesday morning remark)


I hiked around the chukkar this afternoon after visiting the internet cafe. I finally got the email to work via the internet rather than over the mail server. I finally read Terry’s email about having my wallet and mailing the ATM card to me. It will take about 2 weeks to get here (I hope). My calfs were hurting after my climb up from Woodstock via the Community Center so I didn’t do a hill climbing walk this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers