Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 22 Mar 24

Wednesday March 24 Day 22


Last night I was so tried that I almost could not eat dinner. I had done my first journey down the hill carrying my tripod and a pair of video cameras. No single piece weights very much but added together it totals around 8 to 10 pounds. Of course, the first day I carried this equipment I went further down the hill than I normally go to get the shots of the rhoddies on the hillside. The journey back up the hill was excruciating.


This morning I attended a rehearsal of the Advanced Orchestra. It was supposed to be yesterday but the entire school was shut down for “Curriculum Development”. In other words, writing lesson plans that don’t work. The orchestra was in decent shape and there is evidently a recital this afternoon after school. I shall take another trip down the hill to attend. On my climb up the hill I was stopped trying to catch my breath, when I heard an american voice asking if I was alright. It turned out to be one of the nuts of the hills. This man is working on an invention that will increase the efficiency of gas powered engines by 40%. I have found out that people who leave the US and come to live in the hills of India to be “interesting”. They all appear to suffer from delusions of one kind or another. I, of course, do NOT suffer from any delusions but could be viewed by someone else as having some of the same afflictions.


At 4:10 pm I attended a recital at Woodstock. It was a student recital which happens on most Wednesday afternoons. The music department is very strong and the music was rather delightful. Several of the students were giving their very first recital performance. I remember so well my very first piano recital given at age 9. I played a piece by Beethoven, simplified for beginners, but remember the terror and excitement of actually finishing the piece without having to start over again. I now know I am in better shape. I climbed back up the hill in 23 minutes. he long timers here told me on my 5th day that this particular trail was a 20 minutes climb. It took me close to 40 minutes to do it the first time.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Leon, I have been enjoying following your blog. It sounds like you had a lot of chalanges to start with. You have done a good job of fixing things. I knew you were doing better when you wrote about the farts and not lighting a match in your room. I am looking forward to reading your next posting. Burnie

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers