Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 15 Mar 17th

Wednesday March 17 Day 15


I just finished putting my working jeans in the bucket to soak overnight. Any of you should try to wring out a pair of very wet jeans. It ain’t easy. I shall do the scrub-a-dub bit in the morning.


Today I went down the hill and attended a rehearsal of the Advanced Chorus at Woodstock. The director was a very energetic individual and kept the energy of the chorus members high for the full rehearsal. I found it interesting that he dismissed the girls and 3 minutes later the boys. This kept the mingling of the sexes to a minimum in a small area as the members tried to put away their music. It will be interesting to see how they advance. The semester is only 4 weeks old.


This afternoon I headed for the bazar to try out my ATM card. I was over half way there when I realized I did not have the treasured card with me. So I climbed back up the hill and will try again in the morning.


I am having trouble with the lateness of the evening meal. Around 6 pm I find my blood sugars drop off. The Italian concept of dinner is too late for me and I shall change dinner time after he leaves on Saturday. Both of my fellow guests are leaving this weekend. An American woman is arriving soon but will not be taking her meals at Kilmarnock. I don’t know if we will see very much of each other. I shall miss the woman Sikh. She has helped me with not beating myself up for not getting more done each day. Through her kindness and caring she has helped me to solve some of the eating problems and encouraged a feeling of peace about the success of the project. It is interesting how people come into your life just when you need them the most.


The young Italian student decided to prepare another dinner. He invited his Italian friends, 4 girls and 2 guys, and one their favorite teachers from the language school. The teacher arrived with a wife and 3 boys ages 6 to 9. The meal prepared outdid the last one in inedibleness. It was absolutely ghastly. Perhaps the young man does not have great culinary skills. The slim, trim young ladies consumed large quantities of the pasta. I do not know how they maintain their slimness unless they only eat once a day at 9:00 at night. There were 2 additional courses of toasted brown bread with various vegetables on top, again not to my taste. I will be glad to back to Indian curried dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers