Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 29 March 31

Wednesday March 31 Day 29


I went down to see about getting money from the ATM gods. I was unsuccessful. I will need to hope that my new ATM card arrives from the US soon. I am not anywhere near out of money like the last time. I am in much better shape. I went down and back up without dying but I was NOT carrying anything including by back pack. Without a load on my back I was not dripping with perspiration.


I started logging my tape from yesterday afternoon. It is not going well. I will get the system down the longer I do the logging. I expect to go out and tape another trail the afternoon (# 49). I nearly ran out of battery poser yesterday on my still camera. The process I have devised appears to be working well. I just need to refine the logging process. It will come in time.


I headed out at 1:30 pm with clouds building overhead. I was able to tape a few shots between cloud cover but gave u at 3 pm. I have been here for 29 days and this is only the second time that there has be significant cloud cover. There is thunder rumbling outside so I guess it is not just innocent clouds.


While was out shooting the postman came up to me and asked if I lived at Kilmarnock. He had my ATM card sent to me by Annie. I am on my way to the internet cafe to get the card activated. The rain and hail won and I am back to home. We ended up with a lot of thunder, wind and some lightning and most of the time the lights were out. It is interesting to prepare dinner with a flashlight as illumination. I held the light as the cook prepared a rather tasty but bland meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers