Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 18 March 20

Saturday March 20 Day 18


Supper last night was ghastly. It consisted of the same rice and lentils plus orca spiced lightly. It was all I could do to gag it down. I supplemented it with chips, raisins and later in the evening peanuts. I was up at 4:30 to eat an orange and at 6:00 to add a banana to keep my blood sugars up. I guess I shall have to supplement dinner with chips etc. I am really feeling deprived of the basics of life here and I wonder if the project is worth the privations. My inability to climb the hills is wearing on me mentally as well as physically but I will keep trying for now.


During my 2 hour walk around the hillside this morning I discovered just the kind of path I was looking for. It is totally undeveloped and rather narrow. Just the kind of trail that will have vegetation close to it after the monsoon. It is rather level with few shallow up hills and down hills. It also has a few great vistas of the plains with great framing of trees for static shots. It is mid way between the top of the hill and Woodstock. It will be best taped in the mornings. Now I have to start getting in shape walking with the equipment, which I will start this afternoon. The afternoon is here and after about 40 minutes of carrying around the equipment I am dripping with sweat. I have never seen myself perspire so greatly.


After posting this to my blog I shall head home and take a bucket bath. I have got to figure out how to get dry before the evening. If it involves a daily bucket bath that is the way things go. I think you are beginning to realize how I despise taking a bucket bath but at least the room is above 55 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers