Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 28 March 30

Tuesday March 30 Day 28


I was headed down the hill to attend a rehearsal of the Advance Chorus when I realized I had on my dirty working jeans and would not be suitable dressed. I turned around to go back up the hill when I decided to look over the dorms in detail. I wanted to see if the “walk by” set up would work at Ridgewood and to get a closer look at the renovated Hostel. The camera set up will work at Ridgewood and the Hostel is beautiful from the outside. Now I need to get permission from the school administration to tape the buildings and hopefully to include interior shots of hallways common areas and, if possible, a demonstration room.


It has only taken 27 days to actually start shooting the trails and today was the day. I have recorded about 48 minutes of rhododendrons in the last couple of weeks.


I left my house at 1:30 pm and returned at 4:10 om. In 2 1/2 hours I captured 29 minutes of tape photographing a trail near the top of the hill. That is about what I expected to capture, time wise. I expect to fill one tape every 2 to 3 days if I go shooting each day. Each tape is 63 minutes long. I use a Nikon Coolpix camera to take a still shot of the trail. This camera allows me to make notes on a copy of the shot. I identify the number of the trail and the sequential location using the letters in the alphabet. The first shot is 44 (trail number) A (First part of the trail) D (looking downhill). I then shoot 44 A U (shooting up the same area). This indicates that I have gone to the end of this segment of the trail and shot back up the trail. I got all the way to U today, 21 segments of the trail. This evening or tomorrow morning I will log the tape into my video log listing the location on the tape, the length of the recording and its location on the map plus other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers