Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday March 23 Day 21


Today started would with some excitement. I happen to look down at my feet and there was a scorpion. His picture (showing his best side, of course) is at the left. The power unit to his (I do not know the gender actually) left is about 3 inches long. For some reason the Hindi word for scorpion was right there in my mind as I called the cook. He evidently did not immediately believe me because he had to come in and look at the creature before going and getting his broom. I stayed in the room to make sure it did not go somewhere else and we would then have to launch an expedition to find him. The cook gathered the beast in the end of the broom and walked outside and dropped it down on to the road. I guess I shall have to inspect my room each morning to see if I have other visitors and check my shoes before I put them on in the morning. The last thing I want is to be strung by a scorpion.


Earlier, my blood sugars were actually moderately high and so I shall now have to start jockeying around with my overnight Insulin. This will take several days as I slowly increase the amount of insulin and check my blood sugars until it gets the sugars back to the correct level.


I am off to get my first listen to the Advanced Orchestra at Woodstock. I got to the school and there are no classes today. So the music schedule is shifted over a day and orchestra rehearsal is tomorrow. I am now going to have to change all the dates and days on the schedule given to me.


I continued on down the hill and taped the rhoddies from Hanson Field. I have now accomplished one of my goals for this expedition. I have taped the hillside with the rhododendron trees in full bloom. I carried my 2 video cameras and my best tripod. The total weight of these items is about 10 pounds. I was climbing back up the hill with this extra weight and I feel like I am back to square one when it comes to climbing the hillside. As I was standing and gasping on the road I heard a clink sound. There was no one else around so I looked down. There was my belt buckle laying on the ground. My pants are actively trying to fall to the ground. I have lost weight so far and I am in desperate need of my belt. So I calmly put my belt back together and continued my climb. I made it to the top without fear of my pants tripping me up. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers