Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday April 5 Day 34

Monday April 5 Day 34


I went over to Flag Hill this morning. At the top of flag Hill are hung Tibetan prayer flags. There are prays printed on each flag and when it wind moves the flag the prayer goes to the god. There is an open space at the top of the hill with several large stones and a couple of fire rings for people to build bond fires in. Rhododendrons are in full blossom and add their color to the various colors of the flags. The path to the top of the hill is rather torturous and rather demanding. In high school I attended several East Sunrise Services on flag hill. The sun rises around 5:45 am and in order to get to the top of the hill before that event took some planning. We got up around 4 am and it was a full hour to hour and a half climb in the dark (it usually is dark before sunrise).


The afternoon was spent shooting a couple of the trails and then walking around the area trying to identify the various trails on my map. It is beginning to make some sense and I discovered that I identified some of the taped trails incorrectly. I will take my laptop with my video log and my video walkman down the hill thursday morning on my way to the chorus rehearsal. I will be able to correct the trail designations then.


I washed my jeans and work shirt this morning. I had put them on to soak overnight yesterday evening. There was a light wind today and both of the items got completely dry. Nature’s drying was working well.

1 comment:

  1. DEar Leon,
    how are you? This is Sat Atma. I have read your blog, most of it anyway. I can see things are still moving on mostly nicely, a bit up and then a bit down.

    I got an EAster card from JAcopo and that got me looking at his blog and then at yours. I am glad things are working out pretty good with the filming!
    I hope you are feeling well today.

    I came back from India a week ago. It was hard to get used to being here again. I miss India and the business of it all. OF course in LAndour you miss out on that anyway. But in Amritsar and Delhi it was very lifely.

    The first days here I was mostly just reading and eating some cheese and other fancy things I did not eat for all that time.
    So you finished ShantaRam! I read an interesting book about the Partition, and the Mountbattens and NEhru. It says that LAdy Mountbatten and Nehru had an affair.... It is called Indian Summer.
    I went to the bookstores in Dehra Dun on my way down the mountain. Lovely book stores, the English Book Depot (I think)and the NAtaRaj bookstore that was also at the book fair in Woodstock. The lady recognised me and was very friendly.

    That is interesting that the owner of the house is into alternative medicine. Do you have any contact with the English lady in the cottage?

    Now I have started work again. I taught yoga on saturday and will have some more appointments later in the week.

    Today it is a lovely sunny day but still pretty cold, like 12 degrees.

    I hope you are well. I read JAcopo's letter to you. Lovely, isn't it?! I checked his blog too. I enjoyed reading bits of it.

    All the best to you! I hope the good old body is keeping up and the mind as well, thinking some supporting thoughts! God bless you for being creative and resilient in the face of many and unexpected challenges!
    Take care,
    Sat Atma

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers