Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thursday April 22 Day 51

Thursday April 22 Day 51


This morning I was actually awakened by the alarm clock. I am usually awake for 2 to 3 hours before the alarm clock goes off. Today I find myself mentally fuzzy because I have not been thinking for several hours before getting up. I am really rested and as the morning has gone on my mind has gotten much more crisp.


It looks like today will be available for taping. The sky is clear but not the dark blue of March but usable. I hope the clouds hold off till later in the afternoon. I shall see, literally,


The sun shone and I shot. There was one shot the other day of a vista at the bottom end of trail. The shot included a large fly who was absolutely captivated by the dark hole of my camera lens. When I reviewing the shots of the day there was the fly literally destroying a rather nice vista. So today I walked all the way down to get the vista again. I got there and the clouds began to cover the sun. Like all great photographers I first cursed the clouds and then waited hoping they would move out of the way and give me good colored light. My patience was rewarded. An hour later I was back up to the top of the hill and there were NO clouds visible anywhere. The only clouds for the entire day were out and about while I was trying to take that one shot.


I ended up the day walking much further and up and down more hills that normal. I discovered that I must take a sugar pill before I start having problems if I extend the amount of up and down hill climbing from the norm. I ended up with sever low blood sugars that came on while I was resting from my afternoon efforts. I became totally disorientated and could not remember what I was doing in the mountains of India. I even got out my video camera and looked at it wondering what it was for. The lady cook called me for dinner and I went in and ate out of habit. She asked me several times if I had a “problem”. Anyone, with super low blood sugars, will insist that they are in complete control. Evidently I had the glassy stare of the spaced out and it concerned her enough to ask me several times. I realized that I did not have a large enough Hindi vocabulary to explain what was happening, so I just muddled through. The food I ate got me back into the real world and I proceeded to shiver violently from the reaction of the body to the low blood sugars. I went to bed with wool sox on, long johns and a extra top to the pajamas. Needless to say, I was awakened at 3:45 am much too warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers