Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunday April 18 Day 47

Sunday April 18 Day 47


I sure wish my old body with stabilize itself. This morning I set a new low for my blood sugars. Last evening the cook was preparing the evening meal and the smell made me nauseous. That is the first time that has happened since the first week here. I asked him to fix me another bowl of oatmeal instead of the normal rice, dahl and veggies. I must have needed the regular stuff to keep my blood sugars at the correct levels. Though I had very low blood sugars I feel great this morning. Looks like a periodic day of rest is definitely in order because my mind and body generally feel good.


I plan to tape the “eyebrow” trail this afternoon. This narrow trail has had a lot of safty features added taken out some of the sport of traversing it. What is interesting are the rock cliffs at the far end of the trail. The forest is missing and is replaced by rock formations. It is unusual for this area to have open ground. Most of the ground is covered by rather dense forests. You cannot see very far unless there happens to be an opening in the trees. My taping of the eyebrow was cancelled because of clouds. This day is going to last for ever.


I did the laundry this morning. By 2 pm it was dry. The heat of the sun and the slight breeze helped. The first time I did the laundry it took 2 full days for the t-shits to get dry.


The electricity is shut off here for 2 hours each day between 1 and 3 pm. (That does not include the times it is just OUT at any time of the day or night.) Tourist season is here so evidently the electricity will not be shut off for 1 - 3 on the weekends. The electricity is off from 9 to 11 am instead on Saturday and Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers