Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday April 8 Day 37

Thursday April 8 Day 37


There have been additions to the trails around Woodstock in the last 30 years. The hand drawn map I have been using (distributed to WOSA people by the office) is rather inaccurate to say the least. I traced the original map and then increased the size on photo copiers. I then gave each segment of the trail an identifying number which I use to log in the video of a particular trail. Today I was wandering (literally) around trying to get a particular trail segment and its number clear in my mind and on paper (computer screen actually). I got totally confused (not a new experience for me) and I will have to just assign one of my numbers to segments of the trail that most closely appear on the map. One of the problems was that I had to climb up and down various trails while trying to identify them. It appears that a particular part of a trail keeps moving its geographical location from where it is in my mind from a couple of days before. It is one of those things where I shall just have to wander the area and refer to my map on a regular basis before the trail quits moving around the area. This of course has nothing to do with my aging mind or body.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a day of rest in earlier in the week! I'm exhausted just reading about all the walking/climbing!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers