Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wednesday Aptil 7 Day36

Wednesday April 7 Day 36


One of the more interesting aspects of living here in Landour is the fluctuation in the voltage of the electrical supply. At 4:45 am this morning there bulbs were very bright and the florescent tube went on readily. My 7:30 am there was not enough voltage to keep the florescent tube glowing. The fluctuation is caused by the number of lights burning on the hillside at any particular time. By 9 pm there is hardly enough electricity to keep one standard bulb glowing let alone burning. Therefore reading as the evvening goes on becomes more and more difficult. The one type of bulb that gives enough light to read by is one of the new energy efficient bulbs. The only problem is that the last 3 nights the room that has these bulbs was not available to me because of guests sleeping in that room. Everyone is gone now and I am here alone. Therefore I shall be able to read this evening (I hope).


After reading the last paragraph, you may wonder why I was up at 4:45 in the morning. My mind works all the time and if I have a problem (or a perceived problem) I wake up early and worry the thing. This morning I decided to get up and see if I had a problem. I have been concerned whether my 2 video camera are exactly the same in the quality of pictures they record. This problem popped into my mind and I got up and checked it out. Both cameras are the same and I can now quit worrying about that.


Todays shooting went well and I got some good shots of Ridgewood in the morning when the sun is on the front of the building. I have shot so much lately that I am behind in my logging. I must catch up and keep up every day.


This past week my blood sugars have jumped around a bit. I had high levels on Monday morning. That is the day after my “day of rest” and I had done no walking at all. My body had not consumed enough of the sugars that my food produced on Sunday. Today the levels were a little bit low and I walked a great deal yesterday. There is a direct casual reletionship between exercise and sugar levels.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leon. This is my third try to write to you today. I couldn't remember my Google access stuff. If you didn't need to try so many different words while setting it up, it would be easier. It might help to write it down, too. It is so simple to remember at the time.

    Several people from our group are following your blog. The group is small now. That is a good thing. People are getting better and moving on with their lives. Gaylen is going to China next week.

    I am just getting back to my normal activities nearly 5 months after my total knee replacement. I still do my physical therapy exercises 3 times a day, or more. I am back to the gym. My knee still tightens up when I sit, stand or walk. Each week it looser.

    Keep up the good work. I am impressed with the way you have delt with a lot of problems. It will make you a "stronger person". Do you believe that crap? Have a good week and I look forward to your next blog. Burnie

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers