Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Saturday April 3 Day 32

Saturday April 3 Day 32


I went down the hill and prayed to the ATM gods and I was given money. On my way back I stopped at the Chemists (pharmacy) and bought some insulin. The stuff only comes in cartridges of 300 ml each. My vials of insulin in the US are 1000 ml. So it takes 3 of the cartridges to equal one vial. I use 2 different kinds of insulin, one I take 3 times a day and the other I take at night. The amount of insulin used is basically the same, around 22 ml a day. One cartridge will last about 13 days. The cost are: Humalog 544 rupees ($12.09: $36.27 a month) and Lantus 884 rupees ($19.64: $58.93 per month). My copay on my insurance is $36 per month. I shall be paying a little more ($23) for the Lantus in India. I am very pleased. Now I will have to learn how the use the “pens” or cartridges.


The young Indian lady who is managing the property is up here for the weekend. I have had delightful conversations with her and her “friend”. He works for GE Financial out of the US. He is in mergers and acquisitions, just the kind of thing I did repeatedly in the final years of working as an accountant. He directs various teams working currently in India, China and Singapore. The young lady is an “alternate medicine” practitioner.


I was brought to my attention that the distance views are pretty good now. In May the fire season starts and the smoke will start to obscure the vistas. So, I have to get some distance shots of the surrounding scenery. That will be my first project this coming week. I will be able to the “trail or path” shooting as long as there is sunshine so I will dedicate time to the scenery shots.


I have learned that there are 2 renewable pleasures for mankind. The first is procreation activity and the second is eating. I will leave the first to your imagination but the second one is definitely missing from my life. Eating has become a chore since there is so little variety in flavors. I have finally gotten a menu that does not upset my stomach too much. So I am sticking with it. Last night the cook prepared a vegetable for me that looked like cricket bodies without appendages. I tasted one of them before placing it on my plate and was I ever glad. It was not the remains of a creature but very bitter tasting and rather woody. Needless to say, I rejected the offering. Perhaps it is an acquired taste but I would just as soon stay ignorant of this particular “delight”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers