Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tuesday April 20 Day 49

Tuesday April 20 Day 49


Today was goosebumps day. I actually raised a pretty good crop of them this morning. It is a whopping 66 degrees in my room so the “bucket bath goosebumps” were much more wimpy than at 48 degrees. It is definitely not fun raising goosebumps. Doing comparative studies on the height and duration of goosebumps stretches my scientific curiosity.


Speaking of curiosity, I am currently reading “The Old Curiosity Shoppe” by Charles Dickens. Reading 19th century literature is a lot more work than I had expected. I enjoy the turn of phrases used but many of the phrases are so long it is hard to keep them as a coherent thought. I can only take Charles in short doses but they are delightful doses. I guess that is the difference between moderately good literature and the “bus trash” I frequently read for late evening time filler. The pace of the story is much more leisurely than I am used to. Well, at least I shall come out of this “experience” with some refinement of taste in reading.


Last night was the first time I went to sleep without an additional cover on my feet to warm them up. The flip side of that is the blanket in the morning is too warm for snuggling down. Or perhaps the air is not cold enough to snuggle down from. I would rather be too warm of blanket than too cold of air.


This is really NOT my day. I have gone out and taped the eyebrow trail, except for the last 2 sections. The clouds rolled in, the thunder began to roll and I headed home. I made it home but was rather damp from large raindrops and perspiration. The rain is on the outside of my shirt and pants and the perspiration is on the inside but still WET. Fortunately it is not very cold so I will eventually dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers