Friday, April 30, 2010

Wednesday April 28 Day 57

Wednesday April 28 Day 57


The ain’t no justice in this world. I evidently overdid it in an attempt to keep my blood sugars from being dangerously low. This morning it was 2 times as high as it should be. I suppose that moderation would be good but this yo-yo drives me nuts (not that I had far to go to achieve that exalted position). Today for the first time I am having pain in one of my feet. This is the direct result of high blood sugars and using ones feet too much. So, in the future I shall learn to walk on my hands to save my feet. I do have medication that relieves the pain quickly. I should have no problems this afternoon. (The pain was completely gone in 15 minutes and there was none this afternoon).


I went out this afternoon and successfully captured the replacement shots I needed. I had not been done for more than 5 minutes when those friendly clouds moved in. They got more of their compatriots together and whipped up a good thunder storm with large raindrops. The first flush of rain lasted about 5 minutes and I never did get wet.


While the clouds were doing their thing I got a cell phone. This included my having to get passport sized pictures of myself, signing a flock of documents including one where I had to have my signature across the attached photograph. It took close to 2 hours to complete the process. I have 200 rupees of prepaid air time. The charge is one pice per second. A pice is 100th of a rupee. I have 333 minutes of air time which cost $4.40. There is a per call rate of 50 pice each Each 2 minute call will cost me about 4 cents. I have purchased 110 calls to order a taxi good until 2013. The phone cost me $42 which included the air time. So my 110 calls cost me $.30 cents each.


The cost of living here are what one would call low. 2.2 pounds of Mangoes cost $1.15, a dozen bananas are $0.69. an individual bags of chips (the larger Costco size) are $0.46, half an hour at the internet cafe is also $0.46, a gallon of bottled water is $1.03. an 11 oz jar of jam (imported from Denmark) costs $3.44 and I use about one jar a week. The jam is my most expensive luxury. It is no sugar added jam and I use it on my toast at breakfast and on the native “flat bread” the other 2 meals. It is my taste treat and I need something to elevate my blood sugars during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers