Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday April 25 Day 54

Sunday April 25 Day 54


Yesterday afternoon I went down the hill to talk with the owner of an internet cafe on the Mullingar Hill. I knew he would give me the straight story. He just happens to sell cell phones but was out of stock. He told me where I could get a cheap prepaid cell but I would have to go to the ATM machine to get any money. The electricity was off and had been due to come on 20 minutes earlier. I headed on down to the ATM machine hoping that the electricity would come on in the meantime. About half way there I realized that I did not have my ATM card with me and so I turned around. I stopped at the internet cafe and found out that they would have phones on Tuesday morning. I they asked them about the cost and availability of the taxi. The cost is between 100 and 150 rupees or $ 2.30 and $3.45. I got a taxi at the top of the Mullingar hill and it was 100 rupees. The cell phone will cost $45.00 which includes the minutes. If I used the taxi for 80 of the 90 days on the next trip to India it would set me back $320 in total. My health is definitely worth the expenditure. I will test it out for the rest of my time here on this trip.


I got home from the bazar feeling rested and great. Now I shall have to see how this change in regimen will effect my blood sugars. I am also NOT cold because I did not get soaking wet during my trip back of the hill.


This morning the sky was clear and the snows were out in all their splendor. I took some vista shots of the hillsides and of the snows. I doubt that the snows will be vary visible on the tapes but it is good for comparison with the fall shots.


I went 3/4 of the way down the hill this afternoon to get some trails I had missed before. They were rather successful. While taping I had to walk up the hill part of the way. By the time I was done taping I was most of the way back up to the top of the hill so I just walked home. I arrived home dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers