Sunday, May 16, 2010

Friday May 14 Day 73

Friday May 14 Day 73


This morning looked great. By 11 am there were clouds growing overhead. I decided to give up on the day. Two college girls arrived looking for a room. They are here for the next 2 nights. I took them down to Char Dukan (4 stores) to get lunch . At 1 pm there were clouds all around us but not overhead. They remained that way till around 4 pm. It is the first time that I have been faked out by the clouds. I could have gotten in 2 full hours of taping.


I am having supper early this evening so that I can go down to Woodstock for their production of “The Importance of Being Ernest”. I have met the girl who is playing one of the 2 young ladies. Our family arrived in September of 1955 for our second term in India (my parents spent a total of 20 years here between 1947 and 1978). The day we arrived, “The Importance of Being Ernest” was being produced by Woodstock. My father was evidently more funny than the production. He was almost lying in the isle laughing. This was mentioned within missionary circles for the next 5 years. It is just after 5 pm and the clouds are no longer surrounding us but a rumbling with thunder. I shall let you know if I go down the hill with rain threatening or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers