Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday May 8 Day 67

Saturday May 8 Day 67


The sky was clear this morning and bright blue. By 3:15 pm the clouds came in and shut me down. I did get a bunches of great shots on one long and very critical trail. I also got the make up shots I needed from prior days.


As I was waiting for a taxi at Mullingar, a religious festival including floats and a group of devote followers carrying a religious image, got themselves organized and headed down the hill. There was this guy trying to force his way into the parade so he could be 4 vehicles closer to the beginning of the parade. This is so typical of Indian drivers. They will do anything to get ahead of others including totally blocking traffic. An India driver would be pulled over in 5 minutes on the US roads for reckless driving. They have no concept of giving up ANY advantage to their progress. Back to the impatient driver. He was stopped by the police who then allowed all the other vehicles waiting to get past his car. I was so pleased to see him get his comeuppance. I’ll bet the driver was more than a little distressed.


I went out just before sunset and watch a large group of Lungurs (a largish monkey with a grey body and a black face) play and feed right near the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers