Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday May 16 Day 75

Sunday May 16 Day 75


Later afternoon yesterday the 2 american college students were trying to ask me about the bus connection between here and Delhi. I did not know so I was given the opportunity to be a nice guy and we went down to the store in Sisters Bazaar, a 3 minute walk. We were asking the proprietor when one of the customers chimed in telling the girls about a 7 am bus from the Picture Palace, 15 minutes by taxi at that time of day, that went directly to Delhi. This morning the taxi was here at 6 am and the girls went off thanking me excessively for the “help” I had provided.


This is the first hot day and I went out to video tape the longest trail on the hillside, the “Eyebrow”. It is a very narrow trail and I got it done in 2 hours of constant taping. Because the trail is so narrow, I must keep the tripod low so the feet are not too wide. I then have to bend over the view screen and my back is killing me tonight.


Last evening I went down to Woodstock for the drama production. For 3 weeks of rehearsals the production was very good. The young lady with the lead did a very good job. The whole show lasted 25 minutes because the Indian school players were not able to come.


Well I did it. I shaved off my beard and willl not shave again until the 3rd week of November. With my 3 month growth of beard I do not look anything like my passport picture. I need to make sure that I do not look anything like a Muslim fundamentalist. With 2 weeks of growth I still have a beard but it will be short. In order to get a phone in India you must have a passport style photograph. The young man I bought the phone from looked at my passport, I had to show it to them, and said I looked like a terrorist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers