Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday May 23 Day 83

Monday May 23 Day 83


I lied to all of us all, including myself. I said I was done but I am not. There is one segment of trail that I have passed over several times that needs to be taped a second time. It is a highly improved connection between a couple of major trails. I have skipped it because it is not a very interesting trail due to all the improvements. Fortunately it is less than half way down the hill so it. Coming back up will not take much effort. The weather is beautiful today and the clouds should not start to gather until after I am done.


Well, the clouds are smarter than I am (not that is saying much). At noon there were no clouds and by 1 pm they were all over everywhere. I figured that they were just fooling with me so i took off to do my taping. That was the longest walk for absolutely nothing I have taken in my entire time here in India. I also found out that my energy reserves are very limited. I basically collapsed when I got back home.


I started working on editing my memories manuscript before lunch today. I am making progress but not too much. I need to get all the corrections I found when reading through the manuscript in to the computer. I should get it done in the morning since I am through with my logging.


The temperature today is supposed to be 95 degrees in the main bazaar or Mall. Up on top of the hill, my room has yet to hit 70 degrees though it is pushing that today. The temperature difference in 2,000 feet of elevation is interesting. When you go out in the sun it is very warm but we nedd to sleep under a light quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I have twin sons with 2 children each. I will miss them when in India. I have been a job gypsy all my life looking for new challenges constantly. I got bored quickly except when teaching. 3 years as a Middle School Music Teacher and 9 years as an Assistant Professor of Music. I played in a Country Western Band when I went back to college at 39 to get a degree in Accounting. I was a CPA that worked in various companies, the longest for 5 years and the shortest for 2 days. I spent most of my accounting life working as a Project Accountant where I would come in to solve a particular problem. I was rarely required to do a lot of the boring stuff for very long. With the passing of my wife and NO job to go to, I can now pursue my dreams in India.

Followers